The WREA Foundation was established in 1996 by the Wisconsin Retired Educators' Association (WREA) to provide outreach programs to the community, to support continuing education and life-long learning, and to enhance and foster volunteerism.
Projects of the WREA Foundation will include:
- Wisconsin Teacher of the Year Grant
- Support for Public Education Outreach
- Challenge Award Innovative School Programs
- Each year the WREA Foundation awards five $2,000 grants to public schools throughout Wisconsin. Each of WREA's five districts receives one of the awards. The awards rotate between elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools.
- The Awards recognize ongoing, innovative projects not more than two years old. The application form is simple and requires a project description limited to no more than 500 words. The application form will be available online starting November 1 through February 1. Information is available online at www.wrea.net. Or materials can be requested from the WREA Office.
Give a gift of caring to the WREA Foundation. The WREA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, and all contributions are tax deductible as allowed by law.
$20 for 20 Campaign